Ever since the SBW applications have been pulled from sys-bio.org and are only available via IP I am working on a new version for each of these applications. Today I’ve made the new version of my Layout web application available:
See it live:
The new application has the same basic features as the old one:
- upload of an SBML file
- displaying SBML Layout / SBML Render Format
- displaying JDesigner / JDesigner 2 / CellDesigner annotation
- generating a layout
- exporting images / SVG / PDF
New in this version:
- multiple file support
- Chrome / Firefox: upload multiple files
- Chrome / Firefox: drag and drop files onto the web site to upload
- support for SBGN-ML
The new version has been implemented using ASP.NET MVC3 and JQuery / JQueryUI. The actual heavy lifting is performed by the SBML Layout Library. The PDF export is made possible through sbml2tikz, followed by a compilation by pdflatex.
As always any feedback is welcome.